B2Gold Corp. is a Vancouver based gold producer with three operating mines (two in Nicaragua and one in the Philippines) and a strong portfolio of development and exploration assets in Nicaragua, Colombia, Namibia and Uruguay.
B2Gold was founded in 2007 by the former executive and management team of Bema Gold Corporation. Bema grew from a junior explorer to an international gold producer that was acquired by Kinross Gold Corporation through a Cdn $3.5 billion transaction in February 2007.
In addition to its near term production growth profile, B2Gold’s corporate objective is to build further shareholder value through the exploration and development of existing projects and additional accretive acquisitions, capitalizing on the extensive experience and relationships that management has developed over the past 25 years. B2Gold trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “BTO”, on the NYSE MKT under “BTG” and on the Namibian Stock Exchange under “B2G”.
With over 100 years of collective experience, the B2Gold management team has succeeded in all aspects of the mining business. Corporately, management has a proven track record of being able to acquire, explore, finance and develop mining projects world wide. Significant accomplishments of management while at Bema included:
- Built the company from inception in 1988 to a Cdn $3.5 billion market capitalization in 2007
- Responsible for 3 world class gold discoveries; Refugio and Cerro Casale in Chile and Kupol in Russia
- Discovered 32.7 million ounces gold, 6 billion pounds copper and 56.3 million ounces silver
- Raised approximately Cdn $750 million in equity and Cdn $782 million in project debt financings
- Built the Champagne mine in the USA, the Refugio mine in Chile, the Julietta mine in Russia, operated the Petrex mines in South Africa and were 70% through construction of the Kupol mine in Russia at the time of the merger with Kinross
- Created several thousand jobs worldwide
- Established excellent environmental and safety records and have positively impacted people’s lives through education and community involvement
Relationships in any business are important, even more so, when conducting business in foreign countries, where cultural and business practices can vary significantly. B2Gold’s management has developed excellent relationships with its business partners and local people, while exploring and building mines around the world and B2Gold’s management intends to build on the relationships developed over the years and create new relationships in different parts of the world.